“The following City & Guilds Level 2 course is available for those wishing to learn skills within the trade of Brickwork. A Diploma examines the underpinning knowledge of the subject area and is both internally and externally assessed.” This course is designed to provide you with plenty of general theory and practical knowledge to ensure that once you leave the centre you are confident in all aspects of your chosen trade. Once completed this may allow you to progress onto an Apprenticeship.
You will study the following units during your programme:
- Safe working practices in construction
- Construction methods and technology
- Interpret Drawings
- Set out masonry structures
- Thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Build solid walling, isolated and attached pier
- Build cavity walling
The course is delivered via block release or part time for up to a 2 yearÂ period.