Below are some hints and tips when applying for ELCAS funded training
Hints & Tips:
- Make sure you understand the regulations â see Joint Service Publication JSP898 â Defence Direction and Guidance on Training,Education and Skills, which can be downloaded from the ELCAS website at www.enhancedlearningcredits.com
- Consult your education/learning staff and line managers to discuss your personal development plan, do you have a new career that you want to develop
- Plan ahead, leaving at least 25 days between submitting a claim and needing to book a course.Â Places on ourÂ 5 week course are sometimes bookedÂ months in advance so try not to leave it to the last minute, we do operate a waiting list for this course.
- Be prepared to provide evidence that the course you would like to do is at least level 3 (or equivalent) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) or Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF),* and that it directly benefits the Service (unless your claim is resettlement-related during your last two years of serving)
- Ensure that the training is delivered by an approved ELC provider if using your Individual Resettlement Training Cost (IRTC) grant along with ELC to fund a nationally recognised qualification at level 3 or above,Â you can check them out on the ELCAS website at www.enhancedlearningcredits.com
- Consult your education, learning, training and/or resettlement adviser if you arenât sure of the best way to use funding for your resettlement training
- Inform ELCAS if your last day in Service alters from that originally stated complete and return the evaluation questionnaire when youâve finished your studies; if you donât, and canât provide evidence that you completed the course, your future claims will be denied.
- Commit any payment contributions to course providers until you have received a claim authorisation note (CAN) and have obtained approval from your own Service
- Automatically assume that approved provider status means that the entire portfolio of a providerâs courses meets the level 3 requirement eligble for ELCAS funding, all courses provided must be approved by ELCAS
- Enrol on a course with a new provider who is awaiting âapprovedâ status; wait until this has definitely been achieved â if this takes too long, look on the ELCAS website for an alternative provider