This short course is for anybody looking to improve their DIY skills or add another string to their construction skill set and can be either studied for 5 days if you have no experience or 2 days with some.
During the course you will learn how to Render and Floor Screed:
- Understand the different tools and equipment used in Plastering & Rendering.
- Know how to carry out preparations required prior to Plastering & Rendering
- Gain knowledge of different backgrounds that receive Plaster & Render
- Materials used¬†including bonding, multi finish, board, different beads, PVA and Thistle Bond
- Apply plaster to plaster-boarded walls
- Apply plaster to previously plastered walls
- Measure, and cut plaster boards and fix these to different backgrounds
- Fix plasterboard to solid walls using dot and dab technique
- Apply plaster to a full ceiling
- Patch and repair damaged walls and ceilings
- Apply a scratch coat
- Apply a top coat to a flat render finish.
If you are in the Armed Forces, you are able to use your SLC or IRTC towards the cost of the course.
|14th October 2019|
|9th December 2019|
|16th March 2020||Somerton|
|22nd June 2020||South Molton|