This course is designed for those who have previous experience as a bricklayer prior to joining the armed forces and now wish to further their training within the trade upon entering civilian life. The course is delivered via block release at the academy for up to 18 months and will provide you with theory and practical knowledge to ensure that once you leave you are confident in all aspects of your chosen trade. Once completed this may allow you to progress onto a Site Management qualification.
You will gain the following skills during your programme:
- Safe working practices in construction
- Information, Quantities and Communication
- Building Methods and Construction Technology
- Structural and Decorative Brickwork
- Repair and Maintain Masonry Structures
- Erect Complex Masonry Structures
For further advice and guidance regarding this course please contact the forces booking team.