This is a five-day course which provides project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel with the knowledge and skills to enable them to ensure healthy and safe conditions for construction site employees.
The course covers the following:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
Candidates must take an SMSTS RefresherÂ course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise, the full SMSTS course will have to be taken again.
The course can now delivered by our partner provider in South Bristol or at Train4All (see available course dates)