This course will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to become a qualified Wall and Floor Tiler.¬† As a tiler you would cover walls or floors with tiles, on jobs ranging from tiling a kitchen or bathroom, to fitting out a shop, hotel or restaurant. Some tilers also carry out specialist work, for instance on swimming pools and mosaic walls found in landscape gardening. If you’ve got good practical skills and can follow designs, this job could suit you well.
When undertaking an Apprenticeship, you will study a mixture of both work-based learning and training at Train4All.¬† You will work with an employer and earn a wage whilst learning a City & Guilds accredited trade.
The apprenticeship you will follow is made up of;
- Working with an employer – putting what you have learnt into practice and gaining valuable work skills
- Diploma – skills and theory taught at the centre by attending for a block release week every 6-8 weeks
- NVQ – assessed on site to demonstrate your competence in the trade
- Employment rights and responsibilities – to provide you with knowledge of what you should expect as an employee
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) –¬†¬†generic skills that are essential to life,¬†learning and work
- Functional skills in Maths and English (if required) –¬† improving¬† Maths and English skills relevant to your trade
Within the level 2 apprenticeship you will learn the following skills:
- Safe working practices in construction
- Construction methods and technology
- Floor Screeding
- Preparing backgrounds
- Fix and finish wall and floor tiles
Once you have completed your apprenticeship you could then choose a specific trade to progress your career further.